And this is my blog.
I didn't start life as a blogger. I was a baby. And the Internet didn't exist.
Fast forward 18 years
I left school with NO CLUE of what I wanted to do with my life, other than have full control over it.
I wanted control of my time.
I wanted my time to be my own, and not have to trade it in exchange for money.
(How disappointed I was about to be!)
I grew up in a Military family where my Dad was working away for 6 months of the year, leaving my Mum to raise both myself and my older brother on her own.
It was tough for her. And for him. I know it was.
I think this is why I'm the way I am.
Fast forward again >>
I failed, miserably!
Its taken me a while. Around 10 years of trial and error. But I'm there now.
Financial and time independence.
How did I get here?
Well, I got a job.
I failed at the first hurdle in my pursuit of control.
I worked at a super market. Numerous building sites. Lifeguarded the local beaches. Worked as a removalist in Australia. Shovelled horse shit in New Zealand.
Then I got a job as a deckhand on a Billionaires super yacht in Monaco.
I started saving every penny I was earning because I was earning very well, and returned home with a respectful wad of cash in hand.
Here is how it went when I eventually returned home to work on my life mission:
- I started an eBay business - it failed
- I got a job as a builder again.
- I started a Marketing business. It went really well. Then failed.
- I got a job on another yacht in the local shipyard.
-I started an Amazon Business. It went REALLY well. (turned over $20k in the first month)
- I quit yachting again and moved into shared office space.
- Achieved a $33,000 month, and a $2,000 day.
- I grew the business too quickly, borrowed too much cash to supplement the growth and ran the business into the ground. Sh!t!
- Tail between my legs - I got a job on a building site again. My failures were getting tedious by this point!
I owed too much money to my creditors, so I didn't have the capitol to set up another Amazon store.
I was back to being poor again!
I started blogging as a way of generating income because of the low start up costs. All I paid for was the web host and a blog theme.
It took a while, and quite a few failed blogs, but I stuck at it.
I worked on my blogs in the evening when I got home from work.
It was tough and I almost gave up quite a few times.
And here we are!
My financial and time independence - All from blogging!
And I now have two young boys of my own, along with my better half, Lydia.